Monday, December 28, 2015

Hibernation, FM, crafts and the weirdness of yesterday...

     Ah, I wish that my view today! But sadly my view is that of a dreary, wet, cold, harsh end of December. Even colder temperatures are headed our way. That is when my fibromyalgia is at its worst. FM is like having a bad case of the flu that for me won't get better til spring. Bummer. Now I think about getting warm and cozy and wait out winter!

     I never have figured if I am a crafter or an artist or both or neither. I do a lot of things. Current favorites are Zentangling, drawing, crochet, decorating. But weaving, knitting, quilting, doll making, origami, sewing and quilt making all have a special place in my heart.

     I am going to be making a wholecloth quilt for my bed. A whole cloth quilt means that the top is one piece of material rather than little pieces sewn together. Actually it will be three pieces for the bedspread, but they will be matched. I think I will have it machine quilted.

     We all have one of THOSE days. Well, mine was yesterday. Took hubby to get blood drawn. He almost passed out. Never happened before. They couldn't find a vein. This is new. We decided to go eat in Bloomington. I started to get on the highway and it was packed! Turned around to go the back way. Got few miles away and there was a tree across the road and a live power line was on it. So we went back the way we didn't want to go.

    Finally got to Bloomington and ate. Being Sunday the wait wasn't bad at the restaurant. After that we were off to Pygmalions Art Supply. I bought my first  Copic Marker. Pricey, but vivid colors.

     This morning hubby got up and told me we had left the chili out. Find of a fitting end to one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment